Tonight, I’m in the mood for providing a public service, so I’m posting this handy-dandy list of things that you should never, under any circumstances, buy for someone else’s child unless you have the express consent of the parents:
1) A drum set
2) Books about God or the Bible. Yes, this includes Noah’s Ark.
3) It’s So Amazing: A Book About Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families. Also, It’s Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health.
4) A puppy, a kitten, a guppy, or a hamster. Good rule of thumb: if it needs to be fed, don’t buy it.
5) Toy guns
6) Lip gloss. Also nail polish, mascara, or eye shadow.
7) A drum set. It bears repeating.
Feel free to print this up and keep it in your wallet should you need guidance while purchasing gifts or filling goody bags. Anyone want to add to this list?